Headway 'A New Me' Event10/05/2017 - 10/05/2017We will be holding ‘A New Me’ Event as part of Action...Read more
Hats4Headway12/05/2017 - 12/05/2017Hats4Headway is a simple and fun way to raise money...Read more
Dragon Boat Race24/06/2017Racing the Dragon at Cosmeston Lake A full day of fun...Read more
Anyone, both prfessional and non-professional, can make a referral to our services You can download our referral form here.
Please consider if the person meets the following criteria:
- the person is a survivor (or carer of a survivor) of a diagnosed acquired brain injury
- the brain injury occurred within the last 10 years
- the brain injury was sustained when the individual was 16 or over
- the brain injury is the main cause of problems
People who have a progressive illness, brain injuries from birth or stokes should contact the organisations that are specialists in those areas eg Stroke Association, the Brain Tumour Charity etc
We will acknowledge receipt of the completed referral within 10 days.
Referrals will be passed immediately to an Information & Outreach Worker who will arrange to meet the Survivor/Carer to undertake an initial needs assessment.
Referrals to the Independence & Wellbeing Centre (IWC)
Places are limited and there may not be a suitable place available straight away. A number of other factors are also considered:
- Length of time post injury (priority to those within 3 years of injury)
- The amount of family support the individual has
- The amount of professional support in place for the individual
- The extent to which the individual will benefit from a Key Worker
- The extent to which the individual will benefit from the activities provided
- Are we able to meet the individual’s personal care needs
- Are we able to manage the individual’s behavior
If you are self-referring or referring someone else in a non-professional capacity i.e. family member or friend, please try and complete the form as fully as possible
If you have any questions please contact us on 02920 577707 or email: email@example.com
Headway Cardiff reserves the right to refuse services. If we are unable to offer you a service we will try to help you find other providers.
Please download our referral form here.
For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02920 577707.
Please send completed forms to:
Tel: 02920 577707
Headway Cardiff supports and actively promotes equal opportunities for all service users and there is a commitment to these principles across the whole organisation. The people accessing Headway services have a right to be valued for ethnic background, language, culture and faith and to be treated equally and in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. They should also be able to make a complaint without the fear of victimisation. All service users must be encouraged to reach their potential and will have an individual care plan that reflects this.
Headway Cardiff opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination or harassment on the grounds of age, colour, creed, disability, special need, ethnic or national origin, gender, nationality, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or status. (Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.)
All possible steps will be taken to ensure that individual service users are treated equally and fairly within the Headway Cardiff Services.